1.12.2015

Three.

Today is our anniversary. We are celebrating three years of marriage! Three years. That's just a drop in the bucket of the years we hope to have together, or compared to the number of years most others are celebrating. But here's what I think:

I think marriage is hard, so every year a couple chooses to love each other and keep the covenant they made before God, ought to be celebrated. I mean, you only have to be married to someone for a short while before you realize that it is both difficult and wonderful. And if you are married and haven't experienced the difficult part yet, then you either married a perfect person, you are a perfect person, or you're internalizing something. Hahaha!

Our marriage, by the grace of God, is good, solid, and a blessing to both of us. Every day requires the choice to die to self and love the other person regardless of anything else. I fail daily to do that all day long. But thankfully every day also requires forgiveness. Every day with my husband is an unexpected treat in some way; usually he will bring laughter to my day in a way I never expected.

He's the man who makes me burst out laughing in IKEA. He's the man who makes me shake my head at his antics. He's the man who makes my heart melt when I watch him play with our daughter. He's the man I love to serve because he works so hard. He's the man of whom I'm so proud when he teaches God's Word. This man is my husband, my best friend, and my biggest blessing, and I'm so thankful for the three years we've had together and all that's been packed into those years.

I will love every day that God grants us together.

I love you, Mike.

And now, here are some of my very favorite photos from my very favorite day ever (there are many!):

This was a special moment with Mom, before getting dressed. I'd had a lovely time with my besties that morning!

This was our "first look." It was so sweet.
 I loved having my besties by my side, and I loved the cozy feel of our wedding!
 Oh, I love the friends who stood up in our wedding! haha
This is my favorite portrait shot from our photo shoot in downtown Safety Harbor.
I am thankful that we were able to have such a worshipful ceremony. God brought us together. To God be the glory!
 I feel like this perfectly captures our joy and emotion! 
 Our Publix cake had toppled over mid-transit! I found it hilarious! haha
 I'm sad this turned out blurry, but this was during our first dance, to "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath.
We had all the fathers and daughters come out for the father-daughter dance, and it was so sweet. This was a special moment. We also had all the mothers and sons come out for the mother-son dance. What was extra special to me was seeing all the families that had attended our wedding. LOTS of fathers and daughters and mothers and sons. 
 I love everyone on this dance floor! This was captured when I almost fell over, going low. haha!
 We may not have eaten much (sorry, Mike), but boy, did we dance! I've never had so much fun- especially with photo booth props!
 I couldn't have asked for a better reception venue. It was cozy, elegant, and everyone ate so much they almost popped (well, except for us. So we go back every anniversary, just to make up for it!)!

xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!