8.06.2012

Inspiration Monday: Fall Wardrobe

I'm a fashion girl.  I think I always have been and I know I always will be.  It's not that I always dress well.  If you were to visit me at home after work or were to attend an evening meeting with me, I'd be wearing sweatpants or knit gauchos with a baggy t-shirt.  Really.  But I have an eye for it, a love for it, and honestly, an obsession with it.  There is just something about fashion that I find so beautiful and inspiring.  It's an art form-- using clothing to make people look their best.  


So when each season comes around, I have an overwhelming desire to create a new color palette and pick out fabric swatches... and go searching for new pieces for my seasonal wardrobe!


Autumn especially inspires me, even though it doesn't exist in Florida.  Let's play a game of word association: a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils (name that movie); pencil skirts; skirt steak... ?  OK maybe that game failed.  But seriously folks, this fall, I was inspired by rich hues with surprising brights, blousy shirts with little cardis, pencil skirts, belts, and polka dots.  Can you catch my vision?


I love the colors: mustard and PURPLE! And I love the layering on top, and the POLKA DOTS!
 {source}
I love the rust color and pencil skirt, and POLKA DOTS!  I wouldn't do that with my hair though.
 {source}
Below, a blogger to the above look and made it her own.  Love it!  Note the nude heels.
 {source}
Again with the mustard and polka-kinda-dot, and layers!
 {source}
I've wanted nude heels for a long time.  Now's the season!
 {source}
Polka dot sweaters! I want the upper right and bottom left!
Polka dot blouse. :) 
 {source}
LOVE this look: the blouse layered with the cardi, and the colors!!
 {source}
Look at this lovely, professional look.  I like the pencil skirt and belt.

xoxo, A

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE MUSTARD YELLOW AND BURNT ORANGE!!! Two of my favorite colors to wear! I have a really cute Mustard blouse, and a mustard sweater that are perfect for late summer/early fall.! :) Good eye, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Movie: You've Got Mail!

    Love the outfits you put together! I am contemplating investing in a pair of nude pumps as well this season with the excuse of having a "real" job. :)

    - Christina A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got it! :) You should get them. I'm convinced every woman should have them. So I best get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brit! You're ahead of the curve! :)

    ReplyDelete

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!