3.20.2012

Cruise Inspiration

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise.  In my mind, sleeping on a boat is next to paradise.  The gentle rocking, the continuous sound of water, the view of the deep blue, all-inclusive all- you-can-eat buffets, poolside lounging, and of course, the destinations!  Glamorous beaches, ancient locales, fine cuisine, warm breezes... my mind has romanticized it so!

While I had the good fortune (read: hard work and diligent savings + God's grace) to go to some Mediterranean countries about six years ago, I have never been on a cruise.

Then I met Hband.  His parents love to travel, especially to Italy.  He wanted us to go on a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon, but in January that's a terrible idea-- that's how the apostle Paul got shipwrecked.  Haha.  So his father decided to send us on a Mediterranean/Aegean cruise that they had done in the past, this June!  We'll begin in Venice, then cruise to Croatia, Turkey, Greece, and Italy, and then end in Rome.

I feel awkward telling people this exciting news.  On one hand, I'm very excited, as would anyone be when a dream comes true.  On the other hand, I don't want people thinking we're spoiled, or wealthy, or that the fine things in life are handed to us on a silver platter.  Truth be told, we're rather on the poor side, so a gift like this is then exceptionally special to us.  And this isn't just for funsies-- it's his parents' wedding gift to us, and our "official" honeymoon.

So excuse my awkwardness about this subject.  I'd like to talk your ear off about what I am going to wear and what we have planned for shore excursions... but I won't.  I'll just leave you with my cruise inspiration (thank you, Pinterest).

 (source)








xoxo, A

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! So excited for you guys. I get the awkwardness. Jericho's mom gave us our dream "mountain cabin" honeymoon. We were also not in a financial position to afford such "extravagance". Especially since the wedding was on such a tight budget, we didn't want people to think we were skimping on everything just to be able to spoil ourselves. Then again...who cares if we were! It is nobody's business how you choose to spend your money. So go ahead, brag about your cruise! I look forward to living vicariously through your stories and pictures! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super awesome. I'd write the same caveat and feel guilty just like you are, but what a cool thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!