3.20.2012

Cruise Inspiration

For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to go on a Mediterranean cruise.  In my mind, sleeping on a boat is next to paradise.  The gentle rocking, the continuous sound of water, the view of the deep blue, all-inclusive all- you-can-eat buffets, poolside lounging, and of course, the destinations!  Glamorous beaches, ancient locales, fine cuisine, warm breezes... my mind has romanticized it so!

While I had the good fortune (read: hard work and diligent savings + God's grace) to go to some Mediterranean countries about six years ago, I have never been on a cruise.

Then I met Hband.  His parents love to travel, especially to Italy.  He wanted us to go on a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon, but in January that's a terrible idea-- that's how the apostle Paul got shipwrecked.  Haha.  So his father decided to send us on a Mediterranean/Aegean cruise that they had done in the past, this June!  We'll begin in Venice, then cruise to Croatia, Turkey, Greece, and Italy, and then end in Rome.

I feel awkward telling people this exciting news.  On one hand, I'm very excited, as would anyone be when a dream comes true.  On the other hand, I don't want people thinking we're spoiled, or wealthy, or that the fine things in life are handed to us on a silver platter.  Truth be told, we're rather on the poor side, so a gift like this is then exceptionally special to us.  And this isn't just for funsies-- it's his parents' wedding gift to us, and our "official" honeymoon.

So excuse my awkwardness about this subject.  I'd like to talk your ear off about what I am going to wear and what we have planned for shore excursions... but I won't.  I'll just leave you with my cruise inspiration (thank you, Pinterest).

 (source)








xoxo, A