5.11.2012

DIY Friday: Wedding/Anniversary Gift

Do you have a friend getting married, or an anniversary coming up?  Are you short on cash?  Have I got the project for you! :)  Head over to Michael's with your weekly 40-50% off coupon and pick up a frame that has a wide mat.  I find that those wedding/graduation frames that intend for guests to sign the mat work perfectly.  If you can't find one, make your own with cardstock!


Put a cute little picture of the couple inside, and here's where the fun begins.  If you're using cardstock, you could probably create a template and print out words in whatever font you want.  But if you're like me and love handwriting, do this yourself.  It's fun!  Write out the vows of the couple or the lyrics to their first dance song on the mat, and it provides a really pretty, very meaningful gift that will always serve as a reminder of their special day.  Or yours. 


I got this frame for SUPER cheap at Michael's.  Then I broke the glass by accident because I'm a klutz.  So my parents kindly had the glass replaced at Ace (turns out it was inexpensive!), and this is what I found afterwards:



Thanks, Dad.


Here's how it looks now:






Make it personal and meaningful, and have fun!  Also don't run out of ink, and you may want to put pencil lines on so your writing is even... I didn't and I kind of wish I had.  Even so, it's cute!


And PS, this is the song we danced to for our first dance as a married couple: "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath.  I couldn't think of a more appropriate song.  It still gives me the chills. :)






xoxo, A

5 comments:

  1. I literally just did this 2 days ago for Chad's gift for our anniversary! I also free handed mine with no pencil lines and i think it looks awesome! After I give it to him on Sunday I will post a picture on facebook so you can see it. I wrote out our vows instead of our song lyrics but our vows were LONG so i wrote tiny :) LOVE that you just posted about this...great minds!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome; I really want to see it!! I couldn't decide if I wanted to do vows, but I had the same problem... too long! :) Happy almost anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Thanks for the idea! I love the song you danced too...I'm getting married next June and I might have to steal it from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!
    Wedding Marriage Anniversary Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!