5.16.2012

Recipe Wednesday: Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies

Warning: while healthy, these are highly addictive and you won't be able to stop eating them!  I found this recipe on Pinterest, but the original recipe is found here.

I have an incurable sweet tooth.  Seriously, it's a problem, especially now that Hband and I are on Weight Watchers.  I find that if I can say "no" and never have that first taste of sugar, I'm alright... but if I take one taste of that sugary carbo goodness, I'm gone.  I'm just gone-- down for the count in diet-world.  


But these-- these are healthy, and not so sweet that I find myself needing more and more sweet things afterward.  A lot of these healthy "cookies" are really more like baked oatmeal bites.  I happen to like the consistency-- that dense, moist texture-- but Hband's not a huge fan.  Plus, these weren't quite sweet enough for him.  Maybe next time I'd add a little honey.  I did think they were good as is-- so good that I really have to make myself stop eating them (but I don't feel guilty... there's no dairy, sugar, or flour in them!).


Plus, they are so, so, so very easy to make.  I literally made them in ten minutes. 


Here's what you'll need (makes 30 cookies):

3 ripe bananas
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. Mash bananas in a large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients. Let batter stand for approximately 20 minutes, then drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.












And in other, completely unrelated news, one year ago today, I said "yes" when he asked, "will you?"  I'm so glad I said yes-- it's only gotten better and better.  I'm so thankful he chose me out of all the girls in the world, and God saw fit to bless me with this man of my dreams.  :)  Prayers answered; dream come true.


xoxo, A
Here's what you do:



Nutritional Information (per cookie): 47 calories; 7.5 g carbs; 1.6 g fat; 1.5 g protein; 1.3 g fiber; 1 WW PointsPlus

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!