4.09.2012

Inspiration Monday: Today's Gatsby Bedroom

You know, I think Monday is my favorite blogging day.  Which is what I was hoping, since Monday has so little going for it.  I just love inspiration days.  Which day is your favorite?


Incidentally, today is even a MORE favorite day because it is Hband's bday!  He is the big 2-4 (I know, I'm a cougar!  I just turned 28!).  I hope he has oh, 100 more birthdays.  I love him.




PS, he had a tummy ache in the above photo.  hahaha so cute.


Back to the inspiration at hand.  I caught wind of a new Great Gatsby movie starring Leo, and I got so excited!  I fell in love with the classic book when I read it in high school.  I always loved that time period, too-- the glamour and the ritz!  So are more modern-day bedroom decor ideas, inspired by The Great Gatsby.


There would be a mirrored headboard-- very tall.

This would be the wallpaper-- lovely!

Could you handle this beadspread pattern?  I could.

Mirrored chest-- classy!

Dark peonies are lush and vibrant.  There would be tons of these in lush arrangements.

Inspiration source:

Sconces on either side of the bed are so lovely.

Let's imagine this as sheets!!

Herringbone floor.  Mmmm.

A cute little throw:

This adorable armchair:

Throw pillows!

Inspired?  I was.  
xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!