4.11.2012

Recipe Wednesday: Energy Bites

Well, let's just say I made this recipe back when I thought we'd need a lot of energy for working out after school.  We had started P90X, and instead of eating right after work, we were working out.  That lasted just a few days, after we hated our lives/I pulled a muscle/I rammed a weight into my thumb, but the little snacks I whipped up have lasted.  We love them.


This recipe is not unique to me, and I know, I know... I fail again because I don't have pictures.  But this is so easy that you don't need pictures.  I don't really know how good these are for me, but they do give me needed protein and energy, and are perfect little snacks if you can pop a couple in your mouth from the fridge.


I found this recipe here.  There are lots of variations of this all over the Internet-- especially Pinterest.  But this is the one I tried, so I can vouch for it.  She has other notes, but this is the way I made them, and they were YUM.



  • 1/2 C peanut butter
  • 1/3 C honey
  • 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 C shredded unsweetened coconut (I used sweetened because it's what I had)
  • 1-2 tsp vanilla (more like 1.5 for me)
  • 1-2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 C other add-ins (I used chocolate chips the first time, but then opted out the second.  I don't like crunchy chocolate, and when they're cold, the chocolate is crunchy.  EW.)

Combine room temp. peanut butter, honey, and vanilla.  Then add the rest.  Once combined, put in fridge for at least 30 minutes.  Then form into little balls and put in a Ziploc bag and store in the fridge.  DONE!


See how easy?  This makes like, 20 bites, depending on how big you make them.  Be careful you don't keep popping them into your mouth... that's easy to do!  Enjoy your energy bites!


xoxo, A

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get a thrill with each and every comment... please do!